1. Teaching Mobility
2. Training Mobility
• It is an area of activity that enables a staff member who is obliged to teach in a higher education institution having an ECHE in Turkey to give lectures to students in an ECHE-affiliated higher education institution which is a member of one of the program countries and to carry out academic / educational activities jointly with the other institution.
• It is also possible that staff working in one of the program countries can be invited to give lectures to students in an ECHE-owned higher education institution in Turkey.
• For staff lecture mobility, the duration of the activity is at least 2 consecutive business days excluding travel days, and a maximum of 2 months. However, it is obligatory to give at least 8 hour-courses in order to be considered as a valid activity. In cases where the activity takes longer than 1 week, it is necessary to increase the number of required compulsory course hours in proportion to the duration (for example, it is obligatory to give lessons of 16 hours in a 2-week course)
Staff training is an area of activity that allows any staff employed in an ECHE-owned higher education institution in Turkey to get training in one of the program countries, in an ECHE-owned higher education institution or in an enterprise. Within this activity it is possible to take various trainings (such as on-the-job trainings, observation processes) in order to develop the skills that the person needs at his/her current job. Conference participation is not supported within the scope of the activity.
• The duration of the activity for staff training mobility is set to be at least 2 consecutive business days excluding travel days, and at most 2 months.
Application Documents (Please, see the Useful Documents tab)
1. Application Form
2. Acceptance letter (provided by the receiving institution)
3. For Teaching: teaching plan
For Training: training plan
The evaluation process is carried out by a commission appointed by the Rectorate with official assignment.
Please, click for evaluation criteria.
The Outgoing staff will be paid a daily grant and travel expenses in varying amounts depending on the country he / she will travel to. The maximum number of days to be awarded is assessed within the application call.
Daily Grants (Euro)
United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg
Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Greece
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Letonia, Lithuania, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
The distance between Istanbul and the receiving city is calculated by the distance calculator below.
100 - 499 km
500 - 1999 km
2000 - 2999 km
3000 - 3999 km
4000 - 7999 km
8000 km and more
The total amount of the grant is paid in two instalments. Before the mobility, 80% of the travel fee and the daily amount are paid. The remaining, 20% of the grant will be paid upon completion of the required documents after the mobility.